To some of you, Linda Regan may look familiar.
Born in 1959, Linda was just ten when she first stepped in front of a TV camera. Starring as an ’Island Girl’, for a TV movie called Carry on Again Christmas, little did she know it would prove to be the beginning of a showbiz career spanning forty years .
With movies such as Carry on England, Quadrophenia, and Confessions of a Pop Star under her belt, and household shows like The Bill, On the Buses, Dixon of Dock Green and Minder listed among her TV credits, it was no surprise Linda was soon to become a household name.
In 1984 Linda was cast as holiday camp Yellowcoat, April, in the hit TV show Hi-de-Hi! That same year, Hi-de-Hi! won a BAFTA for Best Comedy Series.
In 2006, Linda turned her attention to writing crime fiction, and Behind You!, a novel set in the world of showbiz, was published.
In 2007, she followed this success with Passion Killers, a more raunchy crime novel set in London’s Soho district. And two years later brought DCI Paul Banham back for his third outing in Dead Like Her.
Her current novel, Brotherhood of Blades, was released by Creme de la Crime in September this year. And her fifth novel, Street Girls is due to be released early 2012.
Linda will next be appearing on stage in Simon Brett’s King Lear – The Panto, and is still very active at writers conventions. When not working, she likes to enjoy life with her actor husband, Brian Murphy.
So, here’s the ten questions posed. How do you think a lady like Linda answered?
1. What is your favorite word? Yes
2. What is your least favorite word? No
3. What turns you on? Smiling
4. What turns you off? Dirt
5. What sound do you love? Soul
6. What sound do you hate? Drilling
7. What is your favorite curse word? Bum
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? Detective
9. What profession would you not like to do? Religion
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Welcome